198+masl, a very easy hike ideal for beginners. I call it pabebe hike 😁 This mountain is perfect for over the weekend getaway. Biak-na-bato National Park offers not only climbing, there are other activities like spelunking, monkey bridge crossing and swimming at the very refreshing Madlum river.
It was my first time to organize a hike. I climb with my workmates yearly. We started last year, our first mountain was organized by someone at Mt. Maculot Cuenca Batangas. Now we’re on our second mountain, the Mt. Gola + Mt. Manalmon in San Miguel Bulacan organized by yours truly 🙅. Days before the climb I was a bit nervous because I’m hearing so much incidents about this place. I thank God for keeping us safe all throughout the climb.
I’m proud and thrilled to share my very first DIY climb 👇
ABOUT (source: Pinoy Mountaineer )
MT. GOLA + MT. MANALMON
San Miguel, Bulacan
Major jump-off: Sitio Madlum, Brgy. Sibul, San Miguel
LLA: 15°15.11’N; 121°1.22′ E; 196 MASL
Days required / Hours to summit: Half-day / 1 hour
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 2/9, Trail class 1-2
HOW TO GET THERE
- From Cubao ride Baliuag Transit or any bus to Gapan or San Miguel. Ask driver to drop you off at San Miguel Kamias, from here take a tricyle to Madlum.
- Travel time is about 2 – 3 hours from Pasay.
- Since we’re on a big group, we rented a van to avoid hassle in commuting.
Van contact: Carlos Antonio (+63917 786 2672) or Darwin Macaisa (+63915 797 2586)
2am – Meet up Mcdo/Bonjour
Breakfast, buy baon, NO STOPOVER.
3am – ETD Pasay to San Miguel Bulacan
6am – ETA Sitio Madlum, Prepare, Register, Secure guide
6:30am – Start to trek to Mt. Gola
8am – Summit Mt. Gola, rest and pictorial.
9am – descend; start trek to Mt. Manalmon
10am – Summit Mt. Manalmon
11am – descend; LUNCH
1pm – Cave Exploration, Bayukbok Cave and Madlum Cave
2pm – Monkey Bridge – photo ops
3pm – Wash up
4pm – Pack up, uwian na!
8pm – ETA to PASAY
- Bus fare = Php117.00
- Tricycle = Php240.00 good for 4 pax
- Entrance fee = Php20.00 per person
- Registration fee = Php10.00 per person
- Guide = Php600.00 per 10 pax
- Bayukbok cave = Php200.00 per 5 pax
- Madlum cave = Php150.00 per 10 pax
- Monkey bridge = Php50.00 per pax
- Parking = Php25.00
- If planning to hike this mountain, ensure to email MADLUM Inc. stating your intent to climb. Securing permit is necessary.
- Bring extra clothes and toiletries, there are rest room in the area with minimal fee
- Prepare your packed lunch, there are carinderias in the area but are open on weekends only.
- Don’t forget to apply sunblock, trail to the summit is very easy but not forested so you’ll be exposed to Mr. Sunny.
- I suggest to wear trekking sandals as you’ll be crossing a river along the trail
- Bring headlamp for spelunking. Headlamp for rent is also available in the area at Php30 per item
Yes, you are taking the right path
Trail to the twin peak
And together we’ll cross the river
The highlight, swimming at Madlum River. Clear crystal! Promise me to dip in this very refreshing river!
Did you like this post? Follow me on instagram for more travel updates. Be inspired!